An outline biography, shamelessly lifted from my personal website, now with a few comments between the lines - literally.
- A good year, 1967. I was released only a few months before the classic Sgt Pepper's album by The Beatles. I don't think I'll ever achieve quite the same cult status, but we still live on.
- All in all, not such a bad experience. Not that it couldn't have been better, though. But at least I did learn a few things, and not just those on the curriculum.
- Some of the dearest experiences and favourite music all stem from this period. Not to mention the vast majority of really good friends. Three cheers for the (earaly) 80s!
- This was fun, too, in its own way. At least I found myself in uniform when it was probably the safest and most comfortable. I have sadly lost contact with every single good guy I met there.
- Lasted far too long to be considered a lot of fun. Of course, I am at least partly to blame, but it wouldn't be an overstatement that the surrounding events didn't take their toll.
- A new stage in life - literally. While I dipped my toe into living and working abroad during the previous period, this was a baptism of fire. My conclusion? Everyone should give it a go - carefully.
- Even if the process in United Kingdom may not be the most difficult one there is, I still count this on the achievement side and I am proud of it. Of course, some may disagree, but I don't really care.
- Not sure what I really think of this. On the face of it, it is deserved, as it equates effort and degree between now and then. On the other hand, what about past masters (i.e. those who studied even more for an MSc)?
- Onwards and upwards. My years with Panasonic have been extremely pleasant, and have yielded another batch of very good friends. I see no reason whatsoever for Nokia not to be the same.
- This "saga" has now finished - and a good thing it has... I can't say I was really enjoying it, but, as most things, it has produced at least one good: I have started writing more, and I am finding it easier by the day.
2010: Moved house - again
- Moved to a new house, this time a brand new one. It was about time, too. Can't help myself thinking it's the kind of house we actually deserve. Also, we seem to be getting better at buying/selling houses. This move went suspiciously smoothly in the end.
2011: A change of company
- Have been sold lock, stock, and barrel to Renesas. Exciting new future ahead in the mobile platform business, while not (yet) having changed anything much - not even the desk. The change was actually effective on 1 December 2010, but doesn't 2011 look better? Wish me, and Renesas, luck!
- Where there was two, now there is three - and we're definitely not a crowd!
- Apparently these guys thought they can do it without me all the same - or even better. Good luck to them - and me.
- These guys actually bothered to read the whole of my CV and hired me for what I, in fact, do best. Good choice!
- These guys thought we're worth buying. They're probably right, too.
You can also look me up on LinkedIn.