Friday, 3 June 2011

Politics: Too Nice

Nope, politics did not all of a sudden turn any nicer than it is, let alone "too nice"...

To borrow (and mutilate) a phrase: it's the weather, stupid! It was just too nice on Thursday for me to even think of politics, let alone write anything sensible about it (if I ever do; the sensible bit).As far as I can see, the weather on Friday also promises to be nice, if not nicer than the too nice weather of Thursday's fame. Does this mean I won't bother giving you a piece of my mind about beer today? Unlikely. Beer and nice weather go quite nicely together. Much better, in fact, even than the proverbial horse and carriage. Unless, of course, we also consider cider which can be even better. But maybe not on a Friday. Somehow, cider is a weekend and holiday beverage. Just like Guinness really tastes better in Ireland. Note this is not just because I (or Barack Obama, for that matter) think so: there's some proper science in there, too.

Phew! That Obama remark saved the politicalness of this post...