Friday, 17 June 2011

Beer: Almost As Good

No, I have not (yet) found a beverage that can compete...

However, seeing as I will almost certainly miss out on my favourite refreshment (don't ask), I think I have found something that made me smile almost as much. As nicely ridiculed here, some "scientists" (I seem to be using a lot of quotes for them these days) spent time and money to figure out if men who splash out on luxury really have more success with women. And, lo and behold, they do! Surprise, surprise. But what really makes me laugh (well, smirk is probably a better word) is that those selfsame "scientists" then go on to conclude that that is actually bad for those men. And why is that? Well, they don't get to marry the women they shag, as apparently they (the women) see them as good only for a one night stand, and not long term commitment. Which surely is only bad for those women who actually go for such one night stands and end up with a baby, and no father to help out. Which surely is their own fault? I mean, they already knew the Porsche driving hunk is no good for a father, right? And as for the hunk, he did what his genes wanted in the first place: spread the seed, and spread it as wide as possible. Especially in our current state of social norms he's pretty much guaranteed that someone will take good care of his offspring, while he can go on shagging and driving Porsches with impunity. I guess said "scientists" have a problem with this only because the all drive Honda Civics.

And possibly with the doubt as to their kids parentage...