Saturday, 21 May 2011

Technology: Overload

As some of you may have noticed, I failed to post yesterday...

As some of you may also know, Saturday is supposed to be a technology post day. But, as much as I love technology (which is probably too much) I can still have quite enough of it. Never fed up, but sometimes I do want an (almost) technology free day. It just happened that that day was yesterday, and I made the best of it. This year's beautiful British weather helped to no end, and I indulged in something as opposite the technology of today as you can get. I went (yet again) to visit that marvel of stone age, erm, technology - the Stonehendge. And again it looked incredible on a perfect day for such revelry: blue sky with fluffy white clouds marching past, a wind to ruffle a hair or three, and in the centre of it all the mysterious stone circle. No, I do not go into the mystery hysteria about it, and I will even refrain from chiding the ancient Britons for wasting such time, resource, and energy on something that was most probably religious in nature. And I won't even turn this post into the usual Sunday religion bashing. Those ancient Britons at least had an excuse of not knowing any better, and just beginning to try and figure it all out. So, let's just drop all of that and enjoy the view...


As for the religion bashing, that comes in the next post...