Sunday, 1 May 2011

Religion: Too Nice

No, of course religion ain't too nice. Matter of fact, it ain't nice at all...

Am I too nice then? Nope. Wouldn't ever be so presumptuous. I mean, would a nice person drop in on a Catholic mass in Barcelona proudly displaying their "Good without God" BHA badge? 'Course not. So, it's not me being nice, let alone "too nice", today. So what is it then? It's the weather, stupid - to abuse a well known phrase. So, I won't bother myself too much about religion today. Or anything else serious, for that matter. I think the order of the day is a slow walk to a nice The Swan Inn pub, right at the foot of the Farnborough airport runway, and then - also slowly - imbibing on some nice real ale. After all, it's been way too long since I had one. The one meagre Greene King IPA I found in the fridge last night when I got from the airport doesn't count. It's good, and it did sate me, but something much nicer is needed right about now.

So, fare thee well blogging - welcome a real ale in the sun...