Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Food: Belated

Yes, I know. I missed my usual Tuesday's food post...

But, as ever, I have an excuse: I was too busy. Surely most of you know how it is coming back to the office after almost two weeks' holiday. A mountain of e-mail, and only a bit smaller amount of chats to have with colleagues - not least about the holiday just passed. Which is not to say that I only ever blog from the office. I don't. Honestly. But yesterday I was also way too busy at home - not least with enjoying the nice food and drink of home. As you may remember Barcelona left me wanting in terms of both food and drink. Happily, the service has now resumed as usual with all the different things offered by Blighty. I haven't yet ventured as far as a pub or a restaurant, but I think the time is right to do one or both today. In that vein here's my recommendation: gorgeous Indian food in Paprika, and a pint (or three) of a lovely guest ale at the Prince of Wales. A very British choice. No question about it. But at least here I can choose both cuisine and drinks to suit, rather than be limited to what Barcelona had to offer - which was not a lot.

Here's hoping next trip doesn't leave me wishing for fish and chips...