Friday, 13 May 2011

Beer: I Have Sinned

I have a horrible admission to make...

Yes, in the past week I have mostly imbibed on - shock! horror! - lager. Heineken to be precise. A weak 3.8% stuff, too. In small cans. And you know what? I actually didn't mind. And, there are mitigating circumstances: it has been warm and sunny. And I only did it at home where the glass roof of the dining room makes it into a proper hot-house - even in winter. Having said that, it may also be that the last two trips down The Swan Inn put me off ale slightly. First I get a duff pint. Yes, they happily exchanged it for a goo done and took the vile stuff off sale, but trust me the taste still lingers. And then on the next visit I managed to pick an ale I really, really didn't like. Can't remember what it was now, but if I ever do I'll let you know. So maybe I have just run into boring safety of lager which, for all intents and purposes, does not differ between brands and products. However, I do intend to return things to normal ASAP. I am not that desperate.

And no, this does not call for (another) Heineken but, if Heinken made ales...