Thursday, 7 April 2011

Politics: Cutting Too Deep

A beautiful example of the costs of taking things to an extreme...

Now, as you may or may not know, I am not too opposed to the current cuts being introduced by the British government. Too much has been spent too unwisely and since the whole ship has since hit the rocks and almost sunk now is as good a time as any to bail some water and fix the leaks. Of course, how much and how quickly is still open to debate, but I do lean on the best soonest side of it. However, one thing I hope will not happen again. It is horrible enough for it to have happened once (as far as we know), even if we are lucky that - in the grand scheme of things - the cost wasn't quite that high. Yes, I am talking about BBC spending almost 40 million in order to save less than 20. A scheme and a project worthy of the greatest of minds - of Monty Pythons!

So, yes please save my money, but not quite that much...