Friday, 8 April 2011

Beer: Of Gypsies

Just like the folks at Economist I will also de-emphasise the leader of this story...

Suffice it to say that I share the scepticism that the iconic "If Carlsberg did X" will be successfully replaced by "It calls for a Carlsberg" slogan. As a matter of fact the latter vaguely rings a bell, meaning it is not as new, fresh, and original as Carlsberg hopes. What really whet my appetite for writing about this article is the revelation it provided, the revelation of existence of itinerant, or so called "gypsy", brewers like the Mikkel Borg Bjergso. here in Blighty we are very much familiar with the concept of micro-breweries. Why, it has practically entered mainstream. But I must admit I have not yet heard of itinerant brewers. Which is sad. But now I have, I will endeavour to cross paths with some sooner rather than later. It is only to be hoped that they do more than lagers, which is what I suspect the continental variety mostly does. In any case, I am very much looking froward to my first gypsy beer!

And so should you...