Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Religion: Nothing Much To Say (Part 2)

I have missed to write a few words about religion this Sunday - again...

This time I had a bit better excuses than the last time. Although, to be honest, those mentioned there still apply. One reason I can share with you here should be reasonably obvious if you also peek at my reading list from time to time. Yes, I am still busy reading Relgion Explained. It's both a fascinating and a bit tricky read - especially if you only manage short bursts of reading just before falling asleep. But a fascinating read it is, and highly recommended. I will, however, echo the author and warn people who are actually religious that they enter this particular territory at their own risk and peril. It is guaranteed not to make a pleasant reading for them, even if it holds more revelations than that ancient scripture which goes by the same name. Telling you anything more would a) spoil the fun of you actually reading the book yourself, and b) I could never do it the justice it deserves.

Oh? You're still here. Well, off you go and have a look why humans are prone to this particular ailment...