Monday, 28 March 2011

A Five Minute Update From Stockholm

As you may or may not know, today (and tomorrow) I'm in Stockholm. On business...


And what you see in the photo above is the view I have from my retro, yet comfy, seat in the hotel bar. I feel transported to circa 1972. It feels quite good. It'd feel even better if I had a bit more time to wander around the town. But, as I mused already (or will mused shortly), business travel is not what it used to be. It's not necessarily bad (although it sure can be), just not as glamorous as it used to be. No time to idle when somebody else pays for it. Which I guess is OK when you're the one paying for it. But I am not, so I am not complaining. The beer is decent (British, I really don't like the local fare), and the people even more so. Nice to see in flesh those who you otherwise only hear on the phone, or worse, just exchange e-mails with. All in all - good. Especially when the sun is shining. Even if you can't spend a lot of time in it.

And now, off to dinner. The business sort.
Only with really, really nice people...