Sunday, 13 February 2011

Religion: Snappin' From Nappin'

I've just been woken from a slumber...

No, I do not mean this in any metaphorical way. I was literally napping after lunch. It is a Sunday, after all. A day of rest. Some would even go as far as saying a day of/for god. What woke me? Sings of Praise. It's a programme on the BBC, to do with religion, promoting of. And songs. You know, the ones that praise  god. And it does show a lot of worth endeavours. Helping the young, old, and generally needy. All very worthy and worthwhile. But I can't help wondering, does it really need belief to do good unto others? Surely not? So why is it allowed for BBC, to which we all pay a license fee to use its brunt and promote such a view? And pretty much Christian only at that, not that I think any other religion is good/better/worthy.

Let's admit it: it's time for humankind to grow up and give up on children's tales...