Thursday, 3 February 2011

Politics: A Clarification

In yesterday's post I lamented over stupidity of American obsession with firearms...

Now, some of you, especially new readers (of which, I must boast, there are increasing numbers) may have thought I have totally lost 9if I ever possessed it in the first place) any sense of humour, ability to detect irony, etc, etc. Well, to put the record straight, I never, not for a second, actually thought the aforementioned bill was proposed for any other reason than trying to ridicule Obamacare. But, be honest, does it not, at least a little bit, sound plausible that some people in America will actually, seriously, want such a law to be introduced? I mean, as The Economist very helpfully points out, there has, in fact, been just such a bill, and from none others than the venerable founding fathers. Not to mention current mandatory purchases of meat and (three) veg.

So, before throwing the first stone, do look around: the culprit may not be the one you took aim at...