Monday, 7 February 2011

Business: Intriguing

Sony Ericsson has recently announced Experia PLAY phone...

It looks very intriguing, not least from the business perspective of Sony. It looks to have a winning combination of component parts: Android operating system (which recently overtook Apple in smartphone market), Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) built in, and not least Sony Ericsson name behind it. From my perspective the only thing it misses is the full hardware keyboard, but I must admit it'd have been a feat of engineering genius to fit it in. But I am still sorely tempted as I love both the Android and the PSP, and have always had very good experiences with both Sony and Sony Ericsson phones. Maybe as a second handset? I already lug two with me in any case.

But the most intriguing part is if it will be a success for Sony...