Thursday, 20 January 2011

Politics: Queening

Probably in the name of "fair" competition, the next two Queen's New Year speeches are to be "produced" by Sky "News"...

Whether this will be fair to the old lady - or the viewers, is another matter altogether. As much as I don't watch the Queen's speech (not even the ones written by the Prime Minister), I even less can abide Sky News (or any other Sky channel, for that matter). Now, hopefully, the Monarch belonging to all of us, as it were, it will be possible to see the speeches even without paying the Murdoch tax (the same one all football junkies here willingly pay). However, I am worried that the Queen will be made to do the speech while on stilts, and maybe colour her hair green. After all, One has to align with the style sense of the hosting channel, doesn't One?

So, for this reason, and this reason at alone (the green hair, I mean) I think I will be tuning in to the Queens New Year speech in 2012...