Monday, 3 January 2011

Business: Pure Capitalism

I've just read a very good piece about benefits of immigration over here...


However, while I agree with it completely it is a quote in a comment that really caught my eye. I'll re-post the quote in full here. It is from Dr Brian Strow, of Vanderbilt University:
Pure capitalists would support open borders. That is, people should be free to move to where the jobs are (immigration) and capital should be allowed to move to where the workers are (off-shoring). The goods and services created from the marriage of capital and labor should then be sold everywhere without tariffs (free trade). In this manner, global economic wealth will be maximized.
Now, we just need to add some lefty-softy safety nets and welfare state bits and we have a world I'd happily work towards...