Friday, 10 July 2009

Three Question Marks

You may have, or more likely have not, asked yourself the following three questions about my scribblings here:

1. Why I don't make images link to stuff?

The reason for this is a selfish one, really. I am afraid that you, the reader, will bail out early by clicking away from here. Especially so if you are drawn to the beautiful image on the left and wonder where it might take you. Yes. I do want you to read this.

2. Why do I link so much to Wikipedia?

Yes, yes, yes. I know full well about all the reasons why Wikipedia is not the be all and end all of all human knowledge. It has it's issues, very serious ones at that. Still, it is a very reasonable choice for quick reference, provided the article linked to is properly vetted. And I do vet them. You can at least be assured that I generally agree with their content if I link to them. I cannot guarantee they're gospel, though, can I?

3. Why most of the music links to Last.fm?

Well, mostly because I tried it, liked it, and am yet to think of a band or a song that does not have an entry. Even the free version is decent, and the paid one is not too expensive either, I think. YMMV, as they say.

So, there you go. If you ever wondered, these are the answers. If you haven't, well, now you know anyway!